Interested in becoming a member of the board or want to nominate someone for the board?
Q: How does someone get on the board for Pagan Pride of East Tennessee (PPET)?
A: PPET has a process in place to ensure that individuals who are active in and committed to the community can participate as board members. This includes supporting PPET events in ways such as volunteering time and participating in planning meetings.
The full policy can be found below and clearly states the requirements and procedure for nomination and election to the board. This policy is expected to stand as our ongoing procedure from year to year, with little (if any) changes other than the dates.
Board Nomination Procedure 2020
- Nominations are made via a form on the PPET website.
- The form includes contact information for both the nominee and the person submitting the nomination.
- Nominations will be accepted April 1st-20th
- All nominees must meet the eligibility guidelines below.
- Eligible nominees will be contacted on April 25th
- Nominees will need to respond by April 30th to be placed on the list for voting.
Nominations have closed.
- Voting will begin via the website on May 1st and will run through May 15th.
- A link to the voting page will be posted both on the PPET Facebook page and on this webpage.
- You may cast your vote at the bottom of this page.
Eligibility and Confirmation
The board will confirm that the individual has been active within the community and has contributed to the growth of Pagan Pride of East Tennessee in at least one of the following capacities:
- Has volunteered at two or more PPET sponsored events helping to set up, breakdown/clean, support during the event, etc. (this does not include participation as a vendor).
- Has attended and contributed at two or more planning meetings.
- Volunteered at least one PPET sponsored event and participated in at least one planning meeting.
Should significant concern about an individual’s participation level, ability to commit, questionable character, community history, or criminal behavior be raised by either the community or board member(s):
- The board reserves the right to first review this concern, including contacting the individual in question.
- After review, the board will vote as to to keep or disqualify the nomination.
- A vote of 2/3 majority of the entire board is needed to disqualify a nominee.
Before accepting the nomination, please consider the following:
- Do you have the availability and willingness? There are regular events throughout the year as well as monthly meetings that you would be expected to attend. The term for this is one year.
- Do you play well with others? The PPET board is a TEAM EFFORT that thrives on a combination of initiative, drive, communication, compromise, and trust.
- Do you have a thick skin? There will always be those who complain, judge, criticize, and even hate. As a member of the board, there is the possibility that you may encounter such attitudes from both within and from outside the community.
- There is also the possibility that members may have to submit to a public records and/or criminal background check. This comes from certain positions associated with Pagan Pride International and may be required by some future venue rental agreements. If you have concerns about either type of review, it is suggested that you decline the nomination and instead serve as a regular volunteer to help ensure your privacy.
Please vote below on your choices for the 2020-2022 Board.
- Voting begins at 12:01 am on May 1st and will run through 11:59 pm May 15th.
- PPET utilizes staggered 2-year terms for board members.
(1/2 of the board is up for nomination/election the first year, second half the following year)
- There are [X] vacancies for 2020-2022.
- An asterisk (*) indicates a current member who has been nominated for reelection.
- A double asterisk (**) indicates an individual who previously served on the board in the past and is in good standing.
VOTING OPENS MAY 1